The first data available for the Church of Médulas date from year 1.689. In 1701, because of the ruin that threatens the church, the people, commit themselves to build the new church. In 1709, the lateral altarpiece of Santo Cristo is adjusted. In 1715, as the cover of the church threatens ruin, the master of stonework, José de Barro, is charged with the adjustment of the same with a stonework arch. In 1718, during the pastoral visit, it is ordered that the “outside” of the tabernacle be made. Between 1718 and 1720, realization of the main altarpiece, image of San Miguel and Santo Cristo. In 1745, manufacture and work of the main chapel. In 1834, work of the spire of the bell tower. In 1838, placement of the cruise. Bells of 1800 and 1745 the largest.