Tautuku Peninsula is a rocky headland in the Catlins on the south coast of Otago on the South Island of New Zealand. It is located 25 km (15 mi) east of Waikawa, at the western end of Tautuku Bay.
From 1839 to 1846, a whaling station was sited near the peninsula’s neck, and a port was later developed for the fishing, flax and timber industries. When these industries declined, the port was closed. Today, southern right whales are making slow come back and still can be seen around the peninsula occasionally. New Zealand sea lions and yellow-eyed penguins (hoiho) also can be seen on beaches. Sporadic mammal visitors include leopard seals.